sábado, 9 de marzo de 2013

Yay! First Post ever!




If I wanted to, I could give you a bazillion reasons for why I hate blogs.  Well, ok.  Not necessarily hate.  I just find the idea of putting a blog together and updating it regularly somewhat tiresome.  But this may have more to do with the way I work and function than blogs themselves.  I’m the type of person who at times obsesses over certain interests and as passionately as I begin, with equal fervor do I abruptly end.  I’m working on that.  Slowly, I am beginning to carry out projects that interest me with painstaking care to finish them through.  I'm at a point in my life where I'm starting to figure out what and who I AM NOT.  I still have no clue who I am or where I belong but I believe coming to Cuba-- this place of such contradictions--will help me to begin to find myself.  With this mindset, with this determination to enjoy the moments of contemplation, creation, and yes, editing, I shall begin the story of this adventure in Cuba!

We shall begin-- dear reader--with eloquent words.  The last line from this poem: "Speech to the Young"has been bouncing in my head for a while so I'm really glad that I was able to find this poem in its entirety.  I didn't know that Gwendolyn Brooks was the creative genius behind it.  

Speech to the Young : Speech to the Progress-Toward

Say to them,
say to the down-keepers,
the sun-slappers,
the self-soilers,
the harmony-hushers,
"even if you are not ready for day
it cannot always be night."
You will be right.
For that is the hard home-run.

Live not for battles won.
Live not for the-end-of-the-song.
Live in the along.


     

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario