viernes, 5 de abril de 2013

Dreary Friday

Today was a nice, lazy, rainy day.  I woke up, attempted to do yoga on the roof of the Costiar but it was raining so I went back inside.  It rained pretty much the whole day but unfortunatly, when it rains here there usually isn't any thunder or lightening. :/  I love crazy storms but only when I'm inside and nice and warm beneath blankets.  Today was supposed to be a work day for me to focus on writing some research projects...mah...so long for that.  This is what I did instead.  Blog reading, news reading, web surfing, and after dinner at 7:30, I sat in the dinning room for like 2 hours just hanging out.  FML.  Why can't I be productive today??! Also, check this out.  Beyonce and Jay-Z are in Cuba.  I learned this yesterday when one of my friends told me she was among a croup of hundreds of people at El Capitolio.  She thought that they were cheering "P-Once, P-Once" (one of the gwagwas or buses that churn through the streets like the buses in Pittsburgh).  Nope!  They were yelling "Beyonce"!  I actually don't really care for Beyonce all that much because I'm not the biggest fan of her music and I get the feeling that she's a bit conceited but hell, who am I to judge?  I'd be full of myself too if I were f-ing Beyonce.  Here's a link in case you don't believe me.  She looks amazing and I seriously WANT some box braids!  :D

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2013/04/beyonce-rocks-box-braids-red-lips-and-prints-in-cuba/



Here are some pics of more city scapes.  I walked through Centro Habana, a gritter neighborhood.  There were little kids playing "pelota" (baseball) all over and it was really neat peaking inside people's homes since so many people there keep their apartment doors open a crack.  I had a super yummy lunch with fried plantain.  Whenever I eat plantain or fried sweet plantain and rice and beans, it makes me think of my mommy's yummy Ghanian cooking.  I miss that oodles and that will be the first thing I eat when I get back to Jersey!  FOTO BOMB!  Lolz, I couldn't spell before but now Spanish+English=Spanglish is going to ruin my ability to spell forever!!! :D  








 The Gwawa.  I took the P-11 to get to Centro Habana from Vedado and it was 1 Cuban peso.  Soooo cheap.  Public transportation should always be this cheap.  It shouldn't cost like $25 to take a bus from NJ to NYC and like $2.50 for every bus ride in Pittsburgh.  What's up with that?! :O





This monument is so beautiful form the outside but it's actually really dirty and smells like urine and poop when you walk in...



2 comentarios:

  1. I love the pictures you take. It looks so beautiful. Yeah so the fact that beyonce + jzay (lol i switched the z and the z, i meant jay-z) are in cuba for their honeymoon was on the news. apparently the republicans are mad because you need a special license to go to cuba which means the obama administration okayed it. lol dont they have more important things to worry about, you know like the gun violence in america

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Haha! I heard that there was a huge curfluffle over them visiting this country because evidently, by coming as a tourist she is spending American tax payer money to prop up a dictator. Malarkey. The logic for maintaining the embargo doesn't hold. It hasn't for a very long time. And thanks, I'll be posting up more pictures soon! ;D

    ResponderBorrar